BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, August 24, 2010

First Day: An Accurate Account (Sophmore Edition)

Follow-up post (we don't get many of these)... to "First Day: An Accurate Account." Today was okay, I guess, but I am thinking that this could get old. FAST.
FIRST DAY: SOPHMORE YEAR
Sleep through night :) Wake up to radio alarm. "Half of My Heart" by John Mayer. Hate. That. Song. Bad omen? Get dressed. Actually look cute. Eat breakfast. Peaches and Cereal. Yum! Still hung up on the whole John Mayer episode. Go back to room. Repeat "Ordinary Day" by Vanessa Carlton to reverse bad juju. Still don't know if it worked. Probably not so much. Grab lunch. Head out to Allie's car. Her fuel gage reads empty but she says it'll still run. DEFIANTLY A BAD OMEN.
Get to school. Double check 1st period. To A174... Away!!!
Sit by Shane, Shorty, Phoebus, and Laura. Abby comes in. YAY!!! Seating is NOT alphabetical. Good Omen. Decide that I like Mr. Whitt for this reason alone. He seems cool. Should have memorized his speach. I heard it 5 more times today.
Second period. Chemistry. With Laura, Elliot, Julie and Tyler (who dated my sister). Teacher's not there. We have a first day sub. BAD OMEN. Not cool. Plus a pre-test that I bombed. Grrr. Doodle my favorite doodle.
Third Period. English. Didn't think I had ANY classes with Hae, so when she walks in, I am elated and discount some of the first day sub downer-ness. Like the teacher. Missed being hyper with Sarah. So glad to be back.
Fourth Period. Chemistry. A quote from Mr. McCabe: "Oh, you guys have backpacks... Do you not know where your lockers are? Because I don't tolerate backpacks." I DON'T TOLERATE BACKPACKS. Yeah. That's right.
Fifth Period. Pre-calc. I love Mrs. Horne. She was super nice (and seemed to have forgoten what a bad student I am). Don't know that I'm going to like Jag Period. SILENT Jag Period. Filled out "scrapbook" page. Number that best descibes me: 3. Reasoning: Wally West was the 3rd person to be the Flash and the first Kid Flash to be promoted. This represents the growth I'd like to experience this year. Read literally two sentances of Naomi and Ely's No Kiss List before it's time for lunch.
Lunch. D-Lunch by myself. Laura and Olivia are there, but not really. Sit by a freshman. A profane freshman named Aly. Who knows about the Shadow Hare. Kind of looks mad. Elina sits down. D-Lunch is lonely.
Sixth period. French. I'm late. Mme. Lawrence seems cool. Sit infront of Phoebus again. Realize I haven't seen Jesse all day. Die a little bit.
Band. Ew. I'm so tired and I watch the rest of the world go home as I carry around metal the size and weight of a small child on my shoulders. But I'm playing well now. And by that I mean: I play GOOOOOOOOOOOOD.
This year will probably suck. Majorly. But I'm holding on tight to my sanity and am determined not to lose it. Promise you won't forget me?
Love...
B is for Bummed

4 comments:

Neon Duck said...

B! I feel like Crying! BEcca, I thought doodle my favorite doodle was a curse. *Stubs toe* DOODLE ME FAVORITE DOODLE!!!!! I am in like 5 classes with the OTHER Haley. WAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!! I love your three reasoning! I'm going to call you now! We have to talk!

b2the3 said...

Is it bad that i'm already done trying at school?

Neon Duck said...

Yes but I'm tottally there too.

Anonymous said...

AWWWWW. B died a little bit over me? Nobody has ever loved or missed me that much! B, I'll wait outside Drawing 3 every day for you.