BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Speaking "Car"

So, for those of you who are unaware, my sister has had her temps since March. I know, I'm suprised y'all are still alive, too. Anyways, I've picked up some hilliarious lingo my parentals like to use to get her to do the right stuff behind the wheel. I thought I might share a few of my favorites along with their secret meanings:

  • Curb Alert!!: Your sister is about to flip this car on its side by hitting the side of the street
  • Lane Gutter (i.e. "Get out of the lane gutter!" actually this one is my dad only.): The space between two lanes that could possibly get us t-boned
  • Gas it!: We are going 40 mph on the freeway (where if you don't want to get killed you better be at least going 60)
  • GO!: the defination seems fairly oblvious, but sissy dear has yet to catch on that when my mom/dad say "GO!" they actually mean to step on the gas pedal
  • Reaching over to take the steering wheel (this is an action, by the way, not a phrase): Allison, you're being totally incompetant (what else is new?). Let me fix this. (it never ceases to scare me when she does this.)

Needless to say, I'd rather not put my life in Allie's hands any time soon (again), because most of the time somebody is yelling one or more of these things. HELP!

A Frightened Little Bumble B

2 comments:

Neon Duck said...

Isn't it scarry, Emily had trouble with the consept of turning. As in 'Turn faster so we don't smack into the light post.' *TWITCH* Bad times.

pookieface :] said...

man, i bet youll be scared when iu get my temps huh??? Only 8 months awaaaaayyyy!!! GAHHHH!!!! :] im so excited to drive :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)